Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Nostalgia & History > UP Inland Empire stuff

Date: 12/16/12 19:31
UP Inland Empire stuff
Author: lamta_jay

Back a life time ago I roamed all over southern California looking for trains, locals were my favorite and I have forgotten about the UP locals out of City of Industry going east to Riverside ?

Here are 3 that are fairly historical

First is a WB local at Pedley, I do not think it was going to Crestmore as it has passed the east leg of the wye.
Second is a EB leaving the Montclair Siding next stop Ontario and a switch at the GE plant.
Third is of the long gone Ontario Depot

All taken in 1972

Thanks for looking-See You down the tracks !

Jay

Date: 12/16/12 23:37
Re: UP Inland Empire stuff
Author: Harlock

When was the depot demolished?

which railroad did it belong to originally?

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 12/17/12 01:51
Author: lwilton

Wow. More than a little hard today to imagine an Ontario with a smokestack. Or even an industrial-sized piece of silver plumbing showing on a building.

Date: 12/17/12 09:50
Author: GRNDMND

Jay, That second shot shows the local coming off one of the set-out tracks next to the Ontario team track. The Montclair siding ends (or starts) down by the Mountain Ave overpass, in the background. As for the UP depot in Ontario, I don't remember the exact year it was demolished, but it was a UP depot, former LA&SL. Interesting enough, the former SP Ontario depot was almost exactly opposite on the other side of the GE flat iron plant shown in the backgound of photo #3.

KC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds