Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Nostalgia & History > Looking for a particular map(s)

Date: 08/13/13 21:20
Looking for a particular map(s)
Author: trainpixsnet

My father and I are working on a special project, that is combining our interest---his hobby of stamp collecting and me, a railfan.

We are trying to put together a large display involving mail being delivered by rail---via RPO. I am looking for a large, high-quality image/copy of a map of the United States showing the major railroad lines in the 1960's and early 1970's. I have tried to search for a map via the Library of Congress website and only found this image (http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/image-services/jp2.py?data=/home/www/data/gmd/gmd370/g3701/g3701p/ct001840.jp2&res=2 (warning: it's high res)).

Thanks,

Nathan Chidester
Olathe, KS
The TrainPixs Network

Date: 08/13/13 22:22
Re: Looking for a particular map(s)
Author: Odyssey

Thanks for posting the link to the Rand-McNally Railroad Map from the Library of Congress ... the old US roads are quite amazing as well. I don't think I have ever seen the early National Highways labeled on a map before, and several of the routes I have not heard of before. Looks like some road trip and historic tour potential to me!

Cheers,

Odyssey
Evergreen, CO

Date: 08/14/13 00:42
Re: Looking for a particular map(s)
Author: mp51w

I have a Rand McNally U.S. railroad wall map from the late 70's, post Conrail unfortunately. I wonder if you contacted them to see if they have any old issues of that map? You might try EBay as well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds