Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Nostalgia & History > few Alaska RR . . .

Date: 03/05/14 13:19
few Alaska RR . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . one or more of these were probably posted early in TO's history after my one and only trip north to Alaska in June '94, a few of the many slides I took on that one week trip;
top: Alaska RR's at the time un named daily southbound Anchorage to Seward passenger train was following Cook Inlet near Turnagain. When we caught the train fourteen hours later on it's return northbound trip the sun was about the same.
middle: An Alaska RR yard job was on the airport spur with twenty fuel empties from the International Airport fuel facility.
bottom: One of two gravel trains that ran twenty four hours a day round trips between the gravel pits on the Palmer branch and a couple of gravel facilities in Anchorage was southbound near Birchwood.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/14 13:23 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 03/05/14 14:12
Re: few Alaska RR . . .
Author: Out_Of_Service

where's Danny and Animal

Date: 03/05/14 14:19
Author: YukonYeti

The Yeti loves this stuff... we would climb over the mountains and watch the ARR... Good Show !!!

Regarding Danny and Animal.... Danny got laid off and the Animal got run over by a pickup in the parking lot of the Great Alaska Bush Company.

Date: 03/05/14 15:38
Author: trainjunkie

There isn't a day that goes by up here that someone in T&E doesn't lament the loss of the 1500 series MP15s. Nice shots JB!

Date: 03/05/14 16:03
Author: spider1319

Great pictures Joe.I really like the airport spur pic with the switcher and tanks.Last year we rode the NRHS charter to the Ted Stevens Airport.The spur is now completely devoid of any freight business.The only traffic left is cruise ship airport charter business.Bill Webb

Date: 03/05/14 17:21
Author: DynamicBrake

Great looking trio JB, thanks for sharing.

Kent in Carmel Valley

Date: 03/05/14 17:36
Author: Cajon92

DynamicBrake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great looking trio JB, thanks for sharing.

I will second that, great series.

~Ryan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds