of Daly City. Center of photo
you can clearly see the remnants
of the OSRR from right to left.
FM photo 1947

Date: 04/21/14 23:08
Re: OS RR
Author: 2472Don

Frank -

Thank you for all of your photos but especially #3... special because 1 year after this was shot, I was born and raised in a house in the Outer Sunset District which is in the center of that photograph.

Don
San Francisco, California

Date: 04/22/14 12:34
Author: anotherera

Just got to love picture #3, especially if you grew up in Westlake, like I did. That little subdivision in the lower right of the picture is Broadmoor, and a new school was built adjacent to the OS right of way. The ROW was used as a horse trail to connect the stables in Colma to the trails at the beach in Westlake. I used to watch people riding horses right by the window of my classroom, when I should have been paying attention to the schoolwork. In fact, I've ridden that trail myself more than a few times. By the time I bought my own horse and kept it at the stables in Westlake, the trail was gone. Westlake Bowl backed up to it, and then the apartments came.

Date: 04/22/14 17:27
Author: HB90MACH

Before and after pics would be really interesting following this. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Date: 04/22/14 20:29
Author: 2472Don

HB90MACH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Before and after pics would be really interesting
> following this. Thank you for taking the time to
> post.

I believe that those new houses on top of the hill in 1947 (in the foreground) are on what is now Louvaine Place... note that the street was not even complete with landscaping, etc. I believe that said photograph; showing Broadmoor on the lower right side, was shot from where the Seton Medical Center; formerly Mary's Help Hospital, stands now. My old-timer friend says it is called St. Francis Hill.

Don
San Francisco, California

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/14 21:14 by 2472Don.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds