Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Nostalgia & History > A Few More Old SP Shots From Here & There...

Date: 09/29/14 23:47
A Few More Old SP Shots From Here & There...
Author: SpHero2015

Here's a few odds & ends from the backup photo CD I made years ago... Much More 2 Come Though, Enjoy!!!

1. SP Port Costa Turntable & Engine house. (Date Unknown)

2. SP Sacramento Station Area & SP Hospital. (Date Unknown)

3. SP Sacramento Locomotive Works back lot. (Date Unknown)

Any & All Feedback Is Appreciated...
(SpHero2015)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/14 23:47 by SpHero2015.

Date: 09/30/14 10:10
Re: A Few More Old SP Shots From Here & There...
Author: RplusLJetService

Incredible how much Sacramento has changed.

Adam

Date: 09/30/14 10:43
Author: Westbound

Your Port Costa photo is a gem and forever keeps the area available to the eyes. Looks like it was taken from the rear of a train, perhaps from a caboose. I was there a number of times, but by then this area was just bare land and the 2 main line tracks. What a loss...

Date: 09/30/14 21:10
Author: SPLoopConductor

Port Costa:

The two mains are still there and the large building in the upper right, with the white roof, is too. I think it's called "The Warehouse". I've never been in it, but it's a bar / club of some sort. I cruise along there on the Loose Caboose, and on week-ends, it's pretty loud and lots of folks having fun with the music. I never imagined all those railroad improvements were on that property... what a photo of history!

Thanks for sharing!

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

Date: 09/30/14 21:37
Author: srlawton

Yep, that's the Warehouse. One of the Bay Area's great watering holes. The oldest concrete building in California, across from the Burlington Hotel, the oldest continuously operating hotel in the State.

Don't tell anybody. It's my favorite place.

Date: 10/01/14 01:32
Author: JGFuller

Re: the Sacramento picture. Looks like the tracks to the left [a psgr depot bypass for freights?] were on an alignment essentially the same as the new psgr depot and freight bypass tracks. Very interesting!

Joe Silva and Fred Kitzmiller, Ozol Yardmasters, retired on the same day in 1997, victims of the cutover to TCS. Just too much change for these old warriors! They were the last Port Costa Switchmen to work at Ozol, I believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/14 01:33 by JGFuller.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds