Nostalgia & History > More Kansas Depot Friday added

Date: 10/31/14 22:08
More Kansas Depot Friday added
Author: Mudrock

AT&SF Medicine Lodge
AT&SF Pratt
AT&SF Cheney

chris

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/14 14:20 by Mudrock.

Date: 10/31/14 22:11
Re: Kansas Depot Friday

AT&SF Augusta
AT&SF Garden Plain

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/14 22:13 by Mudrock.

Date: 10/31/14 22:44
Author: unclebob

I spent many happy hours in during the early 80's in high school, sitting in the Medicine Lodge depot. Roy Crow was the station agent, and I worked at a grocery store with his wife. Always tried to hang out if Roy was working, and I wasn't. Got to ride at times also, including a trip out to Sun City to the gyp mine and back one night. What a blast!

Mike

Date: 11/01/14 09:12
Author: Orient

Thankyou for the post! Was beginning to wonder if Murdock would be in there too. I'd give anything to see photos of the Santa Fe using these lines. But with such focus staying on the mainline (where a train isn't a surprise) it's increasingly rare to find anyone with any interest at all in branches.

Date: 11/01/14 14:17

AT&SF Ottawa

AT&SF Garnett

AT&SF Chanute

Chris

Date: 11/01/14 14:18

ATSF Cherryvale
MoPac Carona
MoPac Boston

Chris

Date: 11/01/14 14:19

MKT Galena

Chris

Date: 11/03/14 09:45
Author: factorone33

Nice finds! A lot of those buildings are lucky to be in existence these days. I grew up in Garden City and they've managed to restore theirs and make it a functional stop for AmTrak. Dodge City has a significantly larger one as well (about the size of Chanute's maybe bigger). I'll have to grab some pics of the DC one sometime. I did a crude panoramic at night of the GC one years ago: http://factorone33.deviantart.com/art/Depot-Panoramic-23682304?q=sort%3Atime%20gallery%3Afactorone33&qo=642

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0572 seconds