Home Open Account Help 396 users online

Nostalgia & History > IAIS - Location help- Chicago area

Date: 11/21/14 04:37
IAIS - Location help- Chicago area
Author: robj

Found this box from 1994 with some Chicago Central and then a few IAIS from Nov, 1994. I was wondering about the location, of the top one. Would be nearer Blue Island?? The second photo was actually before the first. Looks like some type of yard or almost commuter yard. I know, not too much to go on.

Thanks,

Bob Jordan

Date: 11/21/14 04:51
Re: IAIS - Location help- Chicago area
Author: trainboy03

#2 looks like it's crossing the EJE in Joliet. #1 could be the coach yard in Joliet?

Erik

Date: 11/21/14 04:53
Author: kevink

Looks like the first one is just east of Joliet UD Tower with the Metra RI Coach Yards behind the train. The second shot looks like it's at the EJE crossing east of the first one.

Date: 11/21/14 06:07
Author: Bob3985

The replies are correct. They are in the Joliet area. The second is definitely the "J" crossing and the first looks like it could be across from where the old MC Tower used to be.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 11/21/14 07:27
Author: sp8192

Killer consist!!

Date: 11/21/14 08:53
Author: TipsyMcStagger

Nothing in the yard in the first photo means there are probably a lot of passenger trains on their way after this freight.

Date: 11/21/14 09:35
Author: robj

Thanks guys! I really hate when I find something that was "only" 20 years ago and I draw a blank, not remembering taking the photos.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0755 seconds