Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Nostalgia & History > Thanksgiving "Thankfuls"

Date: 11/27/14 06:29
Thanksgiving "Thankfuls"
Author: refarkas

As I have gotten older (I'm now in my late 60's.), I have realized I have so many memories for which I can be thankful. Here are three:
Image one: Several times from the late 1960's to 1990, I went to Toronto, Canada for both trolley and diesel photos. It is August 1986, and there were still quite a few TTC PCC streetcars running. Here is TTC 4458 rounding a curve by its carbarn. Not only was I able to photograph the PCC's, but thanks to Toronto's excellent streetcar system, I could ride the PCC's to places of railfan interest.
Image two: Although I only visited CP's Ogden Shops once which was in the afternoon on 07/29/1974, the highlight was CP CLC 44T model DT-2 #10 pushing CP CLC model DFA-16b #4054(the Canadian model of an FM C-liner) into the locomotive shop. Here were two rare Canadian Locomotive Company locomotives together at the same time.
Image three: Norfolk and Western 611 races uphill past my camera on the morning of 09/04/1982. This was the first shot I took of her after she left Roanoke for that day's excursion. Her power and beauty made this one of my top ten railfanning moments. Thankfully she is being restored now, and others might also have a moment like this.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/14 06:31 by refarkas.

Date: 11/27/14 06:41
Re: Thanksgiving "Thankfuls"
Author: Tominde

Thankful for people who share their pics here.

Date: 11/27/14 06:55
Author: Bob3985

Nice photos from your past. I wish all a very Happy Thanksgiving with a reminder to create your Christmas wish lists. Note I didn't flame on 844.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 11/27/14 22:10
Author: Xtra276West

Tominde Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thankful for people who share their pics here.

Thankful....and.....Indebted.

Pat from Littleton, Colorado

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds