Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Nostalgia & History > KCMO a year ago tonight!

Date: 12/17/14 19:42
KCMO a year ago tonight!
Author: santafe199

Here’s what downtown Kansas City, MO looked like exactly 365 days, 3 hours & 1 minute ago. Looks about right to me...

1. NS North Kansas City scene looking south with the downtown KCMO skyline as a backdrop. Photo taken December 17, 2013

Thankful for another good year!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

The follow-up explanation: The reason this was posted on the Nostalgia forum is because my very first railfan outing of any kind was in late spring of 1976. I had been invited over to KC by a couple of fans I met at a KC Model RR swap meet. The idea of being a railfan was so new to me I didn't even think to bring along my seldom-used Kodak 126 Instamatic, **complete with a wrist-strap**! I was taken on a head-spinning whirlwind tour of the greater Kansas City area (including the Sibley-Fleming-Orrick triangular area) on that fateful day in 1976. The day turned into night and I remember it well. Looking at this shot from a year ago completely melted away the 37 other years, taking me back to a 1976 sunset...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/22 21:36 by santafe199.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds