the real EOT .. CB&Q, CP, MN&S
Author: valmont

1. CB&Q 14199 @ Guernsey, WY 7/4/71 by Bruce Black

2. CP 436607 @ Fredericton, NB 9/1/72 by Steve Gartner

3. MN&S 015 on 7/30/82 no other info, could be a Jim Shepard pic

Date: 12/18/14 08:19
Re: the real EOT .. CB&Q, CP, MN&S
Author: Frisco1522

It's the only EOT that I acknowledge. I still don't like trains w/o cabooses. Just wrong!

Date: 12/18/14 08:39
Author: 1019X

Great photos from the past. From the looks of the side sill, that MN&S cab should be able to handle the most robust of trainmen. It reminds me that back in the late 60s, Southern Railway built a small shop next to the rip track in Chattanooga for maintaining cabooses. They created two carman positions for the shop, and since it was pretty good work, day shift, Monday - Friday, the jobs went to a couple of guys high on the seniority roster. They were somewhat on the hefty side, and the joke among the rest of the carmen was that the two cab track men always had to meet at the bay windows in order to pass by each other!

Date: 12/18/14 08:44
Author: MILW16

I have a friend that always referred to EOTs or FREDs as a "conductor in a box."

Nice pictures. I miss cabooses and a lot of other things ;>)

Date: 12/18/14 18:27
Author: billmeeker

I don't think the lettering on that MN&S caboose is large enough or the colors loud enough. How are they supposed to identify it in the yard?

Date: 12/18/14 19:23
Author: theshoe

I used to work with Jim Sheppard do you know his whereabouts ?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1135 seconds