Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Nostalgia & History > How about some Frisco

Date: 03/05/15 17:53
How about some Frisco
Author: tomstp

I don't think a lot of people spent much time around the Frisco's 8th ave yard in Ft Worth since there was usually not much going on there, although I did see a standing hopper car derail when the track just decided it had enough. And, watching a freight come in on that track was so darn scary watching cars tilt and sway so much you thought they were going to come off the track.

Anyway, at the very small engine terminal I took some pictures of Frisco geeps, not on the same day. There were about 2 stalls of the roundhouse left and the turntable in the late 1970's. The table was later taken out and now belongs to the Grapevine tourist train.

Date: 03/05/15 18:08
Re: How about some Frisco
Author: SCKP187

Very nice. Can't beat the looks of high-nose geeps.
Brian Stevens

Date: 03/06/15 06:29
Author: Bscale316

Thanks for these four posts, Tom. Reminds me of when I drove over from Dallas a few times in the 70's to take pics.
Bill in Ft Worth

Date: 03/06/15 06:51
Author: millerdc

When arriving on the Heartland Limited to the east side of the train is the old Frisco freight house which has be re-developed into apt/condos.

Date: 03/06/15 08:35
Author: ntharalson

I had to smile reading the descriptions at the Ft. Worth yard, and remember
that Louis W. Menk was president of the Frisco about this time.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds