Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Nostalgia & History > Train Masters Meet

Date: 05/02/15 05:47
Train Masters Meet
Author: drumwrencher

One SP Train Master, possibly the 3032 or 3022, in charge of an unidentified eastbound commute, passing the evening's "protection" TM on the old Bayshore Visitacion inbound lead. Another photo in the series ID's that locomotive as the 3023. JR Benedict photos. Used with permission.

Any additional info will be most appreciated.

Thanks. Enjoy.  

Walter
Sanfranciscotrains.org 

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/15 05:58 by drumwrencher.

Date: 05/02/15 08:21
Re: Train Masters Meet
Author: ExStarlightHog

They had small front windows to see out of, but otherwise a great locomotive to run and listen to.

Date: 05/02/15 08:52
Author: hogheaded

Hopefully in the future, somebody will be able to print a fleet of TM's using a 3-D printer (design considerations: how to fit-in a HEP generator and make the OP engine Tier 5 compliant) . Too bad that we won't live to see it, Walter. Also too bad for Caltrain, since I don't see how those tired F40's are going to make it to electrification when it finally happens in the 2030's or 40's.

EO (-:

Date: 05/02/15 09:42

hogheaded Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully in the future, somebody will be able to
> print a fleet of TM's using a 3-D printer (design
> considerations: how to fit-in a HEP generator and
> make the OP engine Tier 5 compliant) . Too bad
> that we won't live to see it, Walter. Also too bad
> for Caltrain, since I don't see how those tired
> F40's are going to make it to electrification when
> it finally happens in the 2030's or 40's.
>
> EO (-:
>

They do sound like tired old crap when they roll past the RH. Maybe in 2039 they can donate a used up F40 to SF Trains. Of course, just like the 3 axle trailer recently donated, they'd have to flip it at least three times first. At 55+mph, that is... I'm sure whoever replaces us SFT folks ("museum guys", to Caltrain) can hammer out a few dents and dings... I'm pretty sure I won't be crawling around an 0-6-0, or chasing off crazy homeless people by then...

Walter

Date: 05/02/15 10:49

ExStarlightHog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They had small front windows to see out of, but
> otherwise a great locomotive to run and listen to.

I used to go to Bayshore shops with my dad now and then. He was a machinist there.  Never rode one, but I've seen them spread all over the floor, and back running again. Great locomotives.

Thanks

Walter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/15 10:55 by drumwrencher.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1064 seconds