Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Nostalgia & History > .

Date: 07/31/15 08:14
Author: rantoul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/15 18:11 by rantoul.

Date: 07/31/15 08:57
Re: Milwaukee Road Midwest Schedule Sept 29, 1963
Author: BigSkyBlue

Looks like the Chicago-Sioux Falls sleeper was using 10-6 cars rendered surplus by the Olympian Hiawatha cutback to Deer Lodge.

The Chicago-Calumet sleeper would have been one of the 14 duplex roomette sleepers that Milwaukee owned, which also operated on the Pioneer Limited.  Interested to know if anyone has consists of some of these trains.  BSB 

Date: 07/31/15 12:10
Author: Englewood

Many nice rare mileage trips available.   Thanks for posting.

Date: 08/02/15 14:25
Author: Christo

Thanks for posting the schedule, it brings back many good memories.  My family rode the Arrow many times from Chicago to Sioux Falls and back.  There are three kids, so my folks saved money and we rode the coach and not the sleeper.  The odd part of the trip was the 21 mile segment from Canton to Sioux Falls. They wyed the engine at Canton and then backed the train all the ways into Sioux falls. That way the train was positioned for an easy departure that afternoon.

Date: 08/02/15 14:47
Author: agentatascadero

Englewood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many nice rare mileage trips available.   Thanks
> for posting.                                                                                                                                                    Englewood, "Rare mileage"?  Not then, This is a public timetable, the trains ran daily for public use.  Nothing rare about that, the Miswaukee Road was simply a part of a once comprehensive national network.  Now?  I wonder how much of this trackage even exists?  Question:  If the tracks have been pulled up, does that "rare mileage" just disappear?  As far as I know, I only rode the Milwaukee once.....The Varsity from Madison into Chicago in '62.  AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0282 seconds