Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Nostalgia & History > few Portland area rejects . . .

Date: 11/19/15 06:38
few Portland area rejects . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   Portland, OR, that is, from a March '75 visit. I think one of the worst trips photo wise of my life as far as weather, bad exposure, locations. At the time I figured only a ten percent decent shot ratio. How time and technology changes things.
top:  A VERY dark slide of a southbound "pool" train coming into Vancouver, WA from Seattle.
middle: A northbound BN train at St Johns between Portland and Vancouver.
bottom: One of SP's Portland area "haulers" near Hillsboro, OR.
JB

Date: 11/19/15 07:13
Re: few Portland area rejects . . .
Author: SCKP187

You gotta be glad they were shot though.  Actually really like #2 with the different shadow moods---much like many shots in my area due to so many tree tunnels. Great looks back at old paint schemes and models.
Brian Stevens

Date: 11/19/15 07:49
Author: kingman

Yes #2 is pretty darn good, like you said nice texture good mood.

Date: 11/19/15 07:58
Author: SP8595

I'm diggin' shot #3! Rejects, what rejects:}

Date: 11/19/15 09:48
Author: AlcoRSD15

Some of my slides that were rejects in the 80s look like gold now.  I think your "rejects" also fit into that category.
- Eric B.

Date: 11/19/15 13:48
Author: Stottman

Even my 110 camera shots with ISO 100 film on an overcast day are money now...... 

Date: 11/19/15 15:18
Author: roustabout

#3 looks like it might be a train off the Tillamook line.

Date: 11/22/15 18:32
Author: Thomas

"...one of the worst trips photo wise of my life as far as weather, bad exposure, locations."

I have a crap camera (a Nikon AW100 waterproof point & shoot) that I use when kayaking. But with iPhoto and/or Photoshop, I can improve nearly every shot this camera takes, so long as the data is there somewhere in the file. Here are your shots adjusted a bit. Yes, your less than ideal weather, shadows, and location remain (though actually I thought all these were just fine) — but the gloom and drab has been somewhat removed...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/15 18:51 by Thomas.

Date: 11/22/15 18:35

Next...

Date: 11/22/15 18:36

And...

Date: 11/22/15 19:41
Author: Railbaron

Why does everyone seem to think every photo has to be perfect - perfect light, perfect location, perfect conditions. The reality is that railroads operate in crappy light, crappy locations, crappy conditions, and I appreciate when people catch railroads doing what railroads do in their native environment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0729 seconds