Home Open Account Help 201 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP Niles Tower rescued!

Date: 02/08/16 07:15
SP Niles Tower rescued!
Author: hogheaded

If it weren't for the fact that I took this photo more than 30 years ago, I'd swear that I used film and developer from Harbor Freight. As it was, the end result was a disaster. Luckily I tossed the roll into my Nice Goin', Pal! files sans descriptive data, rather than the dumpster. About a dozen years ago I scanned it, apparently, using a scanner that was made by hand in Honduras, judging by its output quality. Anyway, this early A.M., spirited by a round of Mr. Kirkland's best coffee, I decided to use my suspect Photoschlock talents to attempt a rescue. It's grainy and I couldn't totally correct the negs' goofy colors, but almost miraculously, it came out OK. Maybe some day I'll rescan it and...  NEVER throw anything away. I've previously posted other photos from this day, I think, but they were taken with good old Kodachrome 64.

EO

SP XW8253 off of the Milpitas Line at Niles Tower, April 30, 1983. I can hear Cookie, the operator, inside copying orders.

Date: 02/08/16 07:25
Re: SP Niles Tower rescued!
Author: espee4ever

Nice save, a worthy topic for sure.
—espee4ever

Date: 02/08/16 07:33
Author: trainjunkie

Really nice composition. Great save!

Date: 02/08/16 07:41
Author: DynamicBrake

Glad you saved it. Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 02/08/16 08:18
Author: 3rdswitch

Good rescue, sure can't do that again.
JB

Date: 02/08/16 10:25
Author: TonyJ

I agree it was worth saving.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds