Nostalgia & History > Looking Back Set one

Date: 02/14/16 13:28
Looking Back Set one
Author: mundo

#1  Handing up train orders, westbound Corona CA
#2  SP narrow gauge #9
#3  FNM-FCP-DH 19 Empalme Mexico

Keep in mind shots at speeds were shot with slow speed film of K10 and K25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/16 13:30 by mundo.

Date: 02/14/16 16:13
Re: Looking Back Set one
Author: ERAD

#1)  F-unit with foot-boards. Interesting!

Date: 02/14/16 16:20
Author: aaronhanson

I take it the Mexican PA was photographed in the later 80s.  if it's the same one I researched, it ended up at a museum outside mexico city.  what year did it go there?  

Date: 02/14/16 18:39
Author: Milwaukee

Why did the FNM unit keep the Delaware & Hudson initials next to the number?   Was it only on lease and if so was it actually sold at some time to FNM?   It must have been sold to someone in Mexico at some point to end up in the museum down there.

Thanks

Date: 02/14/16 21:57
Author: aaronhanson

Don't look now but apparently if I'm understanding this correctly the museum at Puebla has the DH-19 and actually repainted it from that attractive blue to a sun-faded red/black N de M scheme which it never wore in the first place.  I saw a video of it from a popular video site to which the management here seems somewhat averse.  If you can read Spanish, here's what one local fan had to say about it:

Uploaded on May 11, 2010A que caray con estos museos de hoy que pesimo estado tiene esta maquinita la pintura esta del cocol el esquema igual digo es NdeM pero lo hubieran pintado bien no¿? en lo personal a mi me hubiera gustado mas que le dejaran ese esquema azul dos tonos FNM se veia muchisimo mejor a parte que segun yo con este esquema nunca trabajo en camino ni patio solo fue por ganas del museo que se pintara asi,si no la conocieron en el esquema azul chequen mis demas videos y veran un modelo a escala d eesta maquinita pintada de pitufa y ustedes diran que onda como se ve mejor jeje ojala se le sprenda el foco y la vuelban a pintar azul o ya minimo en el esquema original como llego a Mexico del DELAWARE & HUDSON

for what it's worth, I've been to the museum at Merida in the Yucatan and they have several old D&H Alcos there, as well, just no PAs.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/16 21:58 by aaronhanson.

Date: 02/15/16 17:38
Author: dlh

Shot this unit operating in that paint in Mexico as well as DH17 painted in SP "sort of" Daylight scheme. Both appear in the Pentrex video "Mexico's Pacifico Railroad".

Date: 02/18/16 10:29
Author: mundo

Keep in mind folks that the former FCP was the new name for the old SP of Mexico. They remained independent from the National Railways for many years.  Even when Mexico City was the boss, local pride did lots of interesting and odd jobs.  Rebuilding #17 and 19 is a good example.  Mechanical  officer was and still a railfan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0506 seconds