Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Nostalgia & History > Conrail Memories

Date: 03/31/16 21:27
Conrail Memories
Author: Mastadon

April 1 marks the 40th Anniversary of the beginning of Conrail. I grew up with Big Blue and it will always hold an interest to me. I thought I'd share a trio of images of Conrail from the mid-1990s. It's hard to believe how much I miss this railroad now...

1. A quartet of Conrail six-axle GEs bring TV2 around the corner at the Route 53 overpass in Cresson on the West Slope in 1994. Fall colors and Conrail blue power made for a memorable photo. A C30-7A/C30-7/B36-7 Dash Seven trio and a lone C40-8W were the best that Conrail had to throw at the Mountain in 1994.

2. Conrail OCS-601 was crossing the Juniata River at Ryde on the Middle Division back on Tax Day 1994. The nice somber paint on the business train was looking good as the train rolled for Harrisburg.

Conrail motive power lays over at Bayview yard in Baltimore back in 1993. The SD60M was a nice looking motor and Conrail blue and white looked great on them. It's hard to believe how something once so common now looks so dated and foreign. Time changes everything.

Don Kalkman
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mastadon4935/

Date: 03/31/16 21:59
Re: Conrail Memories
Author: Krokodil

Great shots, thanks for posting!

Thomas Eckhardt

Date: 04/01/16 11:51
Re: Conrail Memories
Author: RGDave

Awesome stuff!

~RGDave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.053 seconds