Home Open Account Help 171 users online

Nostalgia & History > More of That Chase Down the Joint Line on October 3, 1992

Date: 04/19/16 15:41
More of That Chase Down the Joint Line on October 3, 1992
Author: MartyBernard

This is the continuation of my chase down the Joint Line north of Palmer Lake.  The beginning of the chase is here: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,4010887

1.  North of Palmer Lake.

2.  North of Palmer Lake.  A short northbound freight with Santa Fe power is to the right on the Rio Grande track and the southbound coal unit train is to the left on the Santa Fe track.

3. and 4. Coming around the bottom of Palmer Lake.

Enjoy,
Marty Bernard

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/16 15:49 by MartyBernard.

Date: 04/19/16 15:42
Re: More of That Chase Down the Joint Line on October 3, 1992
Author: MartyBernard

Date: 04/19/16 16:25
Author: TCnR

I believe there's a fenced maintenance yard with a few buildings and vehicles right in the middle of photo #2 now, between the tracks just a bit south of the old bridge abutments. There had been a post on here at some point with photos and more info..
I was in the are last year, lots of windshield time but didn't get any photos of the Ranch buildings though.
t4p.

+from the same perspecive, there's a large house to the left side near the hill, a large rock arch and driveway. Not sure if the maintainance facility is for the house and Ranch or something else. The general area has a great many new houses, I can tell it was really out there at one time, but not any more. the general meadow and hill to the far left is a dedicated open space, but there's plenty of 5 acre lots and houses in the general area.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/16 20:06 by TCnR.

Date: 04/19/16 16:45
Author: ns2557

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe there's a maintenance yard right in the
> middle of photo #2 now, between the tracks.
> Didn't get any photos though.
> t4p.

I am sure others will chime in. In Palmer Lake hjust to the north of the crossing is where there is  a small yard of sorts. Sometimes  BNSF stations helper/protect power here. Farther north where the old flyover locations are at is a privately owned set of buildings btwn the 2 Mains.    Ben

Date: 04/20/16 10:38
Author: TCnR

I'm estimating Photo #2 is about 39°08'42.1"N 104°53'22.4"W on Google Maps. The 'Street View' has an interesting feature that shows the location in 2011 with the buildings in place but 2009 shows before construction.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds