Home Open Account Help 182 users online

Nostalgia & History > Out on the Needles Sub Northeast of Essex, CA

Date: 05/05/16 01:51
Out on the Needles Sub Northeast of Essex, CA
Author: MartyBernard

BNSF 6838, 6848, and 6686 westbound on January 2, 2012. All three locomotives are ES44C4s.  In the upper right notice the trucks on I-40.  The photograph is from the Nartional Trails Highway Overpass which is the only accessible overpass between Needles and Ludlow.  I don't consider the I-40 overpasses accessible.

Enjoy,
Marty Bernard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/16 01:53 by MartyBernard.

Date: 05/05/16 17:30
Re: Out on the Needles Sub Northeast of Essex, CA
Author: DynamicBrake

Marty, that is one fine shot!  It looks like you might have shot this consist on its maiden run west?  The last time I was through there was in '95, can't believe it's been that long.  Loved that drive from Barstow to Needles.  There is definitely something magical about the desert and its vastness. 
The only thing I don't like about camping out there is the numerous venomous creatures that you can't see.  I remember on our last trip through there, we were camping trackside just east of Kingman.  My wife, two sons and I were in our '85 Econoline.  After we got home, I discovered a poisonous millipede inside one of our plastic tubs that I left outside...not a good thing!  Thanks for sharing your great shot.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 05/06/16 17:55
Re: Out on the Needles Sub Northeast of Essex, CA
Author: edbac333

Great Shot!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds