Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Nostalgia & History > Mystery varnish, need help!

Date: 05/26/16 15:57
Mystery varnish, need help!
Author: santafe199

While surf-scanning through my Santa Fe passenger odds & ends I’m finding some stuff I don’t remember shooting at all. And I’m finding other stuff I dimly remember shooting, but just can’t supply any pertinent details for. Here’s a shot I’ll need some help with. I have “AT&SF 33” and “Topeka, KS” written on this slide, but I was suspicious of both pieces of information. After conferring with old pal “The Chief Way”, our Kansas Gang’s long time authority for all things passenger related I can confirm this car is indeed ex-AT&SF. And with the US Army switcher in behind the 33 he’s pretty sure I shot the slide down in Pauline at Forbes Air Force base just south of Topeka. It was privately owned when I got this shot in 1982, but he can't remember by whom.

I’d also like to track down current ownership, and possibly ownership between now & 1982 when I took the shot. Thanks for any help…

1. ex-AT&SF biz car 33 sitting on the Forbes Air Force Base grounds in Pauline (Topeka), KS in May of 1982.

TIA for additional information!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/22 03:23 by santafe199.

Date: 05/26/16 16:59
Re: Mystery varnish, need help!
Author: BNModeler

That's car number 33.4

Sorry, I just had to do it.

Date: 05/26/16 17:21
Author: mopacrr

33 has been through various owners and had been named Tamalpais. It currently owned by Quinn & Associates in Santa Monica ,CA and restored to to Santa Fe coach green and lettered and numbered in its orignal Santa Fe number.

Date: 05/26/16 18:48
Author: OliveHeights

Didn't that car sit at the SP Sacramento station for a number of years in the 80's?

Date: 05/26/16 18:57
Author: 4489

Based on the marker lights it appears to be set up for speed running open platform first!

Sorry I could not resist.  Great shot of a great looking car!

Date: 05/26/16 19:30
Author: santafe199

mopacrr Wrote: > ... currently owned by Quinn & Associates in Santa Monica, CA and..........
Thanks Tony! I'll fill in some gaps...

Lance/199

Date: 05/26/16 20:36
Author: bnsfsd70

Date: 05/26/16 21:05
Author: WP-M2051

bnsfsd70 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This should help.
>
> http://www.businesscar33.com/default.html
>
> - Jeff

Close, but TAMMY's now  owned by a very few of the same group that owned her from 1988 until 2006.  She's going to get a new name and paint job; here's her new website:  www.redwoodempirerailcar.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds