Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Nostalgia & History > Oh how this view has changed

Date: 06/27/16 19:47
Oh how this view has changed
Author: ns2557

Back before I joined the US Navy in 1979 I spent quite a few of my days each week out shooting early CR in the Harrisburg Pa area. I came upon this shot of an EB Chessie Coal Load bound for the ex RDG and points east of there.  B&O GP30 6926 leads the charge wich also included 3 Chessie Pntd GP's , A GP38, GP9 and a GP30. They were the exception along the ex PC/PRR esp here in this shot. Train I believe came out of Enola.  This is now where the NS has their Main Line Fuel Pad located here in HBG. You wouldn't want to try and get this shot now a days, probably get visited by the NS Police rather quickly if ya did try. Tho both tracks are still here, the one closest to the camera is now called the Controlled Siding. At the time it was just another day out and about for me. Taken in June 1978. The B&O/WM/Chessie Days were coming to an end about this time at least in this area.  

2nd shot is what is there now a days. Taken from about the same spot as shot 1,Looking west.  This one taken on May 1 2016.

Looks noting like it did back in 1978.  As they say :get the shots now cuz tomorrow it might not be there or the same"  Ya'll tae care.  Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/16 19:49 by ns2557.

Date: 06/28/16 11:50
Re: Oh how this view has changed
Author: SCKP187

Nice ones Ben.  These have changed so much it is hard to recognize--but you just can't beat then-and-now themes.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds