Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Nostalgia & History > Night Shot Sunday

Date: 07/24/16 15:22
Night Shot Sunday
Author: AlcoRSD15

OK, so far we have Signal Sunday, Maroon Monday, MLW Monday, Toto Tuesday, WP Wednesday, Warbonnet Wednesday, Thirties Thursday, F Unit Friday, and Switcher Saturday.  Unfortunately, all the days are taken, and none of them start with the letter "N", but what the heck, I would like to start a tradition "Night Shot Sunday".  Here are 3 offerings for today.  I encourage others to post some night photos as well!
First photo: Kansas City, March 26, 1983. Second photo: A cold night in Truckee, California, Dec. 11, 1988.  Third: From my Kodacolor negative collection, Oakland SP locomotive facilities, September 19, 1978.  Some of these may have been posted before.
- Eric Blasko

Date: 07/24/16 16:40
Re: Night Shot Sunday
Author: DynamicBrake

Nice looking trio Eric, thanks for sharing.  That last shot is especially cool, with the Popsicle and all.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 07/24/16 19:04
Author: Auburn_Ed

Okay, here's one.  Hand held, back in high school days.

Ed

Date: 07/24/16 23:49
Author: BCHellman

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay, here's one.  Hand held, back in high school
> days.
>
> Ed

Where?

And were all ATSF FTs side numbers lit, as demonstrated in the photo?

Date: 07/25/16 05:04
Author: bandob

I like the idea of Night Shot Sunday! Here's a contribution from back in the time when the Cardinal was equipped with Superliners. Taken from #51, #50 was running quite late.

B&OBill

Date: 07/25/16 09:07
Author: Auburn_Ed

AT&SF #191 was photoed in Denver, Rice Yard, 1960.  I don't have any idea on the lighted numbers.  I think that it might have been reflective paint.

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/16 09:09 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 07/25/16 11:56
Author: AlcoRSD15

Thanks, Ed and B&OBill, great photos!!  I never knew whether the numbers on the sides of the FTs glowed at night.  Very cool.
- Eric B.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0637 seconds