Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Nostalgia & History > Bayshore Roundhouse Update, 7-23-16

Date: 07/28/16 06:34
Bayshore Roundhouse Update, 7-23-16
Author: drumwrencher

Things got a bit dicey at Bayshore late last Tuesday. It seems a large group of, IMHO, hooligans, 200+ strong, decided to have a rave - inside the roundhouse. Lights, sound system, the whole works. Oh, yea, plenty of empty Hennessy bottles left over.  Well, somebody called Brisbane PD. An officer was coming in thru the grove of trees, seen in pic two, when shots whizzed by - turns out, some idiot brought a gun, and two bystanders were shot. None too serious, but, it's NEVER a good idea to shoot at a cop... The PD took copies of our video surveillance cameras, but I doubt they did much good - they focus on our compound more than on the roundhouse.

So, for now, it's a crime scene, and we're not allowed in. (Well, maybe by now-...)

Anyway, on to better things. ​Ed Gibson, Hogheaded, came out again for a visit. That's him, pic one late in the day, talking with Cris. Thanks again for coming out, Ed. Hope you enjoyed the day. (Couldn't have been bad, with lunch at 7 Mile! :)​ Pic three is Kyle, our newest addition, adding a ​very home made rain shield to our compressor. Crazy, I know, but in the rainy season, water finds it's way inside the gasoline engine crankcase... Not a good thing...​​​ He did add a coat of black paint to the shield... a bit less... Hillbilly.

Boiler work continues. In fact, Cris Hart spent most of Saturday inside #4's boiler, cleaning out years of built up, well, funk... Tony and I got to play forklift masters, moving stuff around, making way for our party, next Saturday. If you're in the area, come on out. Food, beer (I think)... all to (hopefully) raise money for our non-profit.

Anyway, Enjoy. More to come!

Walter
Sanfranciscotrains.org​​ 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/16 06:39 by drumwrencher.

Date: 07/28/16 12:57
Re: Bayshore Roundhouse Update, 7-23-16
Author: sphogger

Well well EO, nearly 40 years gone by and you are right back where you started.  Time has treated you better than SP and Bayshore yard.  Who would have thought?  Cheers,  Sphogger. 

Date: 07/28/16 16:18
Author: kilroydiver

That can't be Ed, where's his Hawaiian shirt? :-)

Dave

Date: 07/28/16 16:35
Author: johnw

I remember that EO Gibson guy when he had more hair...I should say when we ALL had more hair! Here's Ed in the San Francisco Amtrak/Caltrain Engineer's Change Room (No trainmen allowed unless approved by Tommy Grace!) in early 2002.

Date: 07/29/16 06:52
Author: hogheaded

sphogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well well EO, nearly 40 years gone by and you are
> right back where you started.  Time has treated
> you better than SP and Bayshore yard.  Who would
> have thought?  Cheers,  Sphogger. 

HA, George! More like sixty years (see photo). If I hadn't resigned for awhile due to the onset of rampant pubescent hormones, I would have been the last active ex-SP steam hoghead.

johnw Wrote:
> I remember that EO Gibson guy when he had more
> hair...I should say when we ALL had more hair!
> Here's Ed in the San Francisco Amtrak/Caltrain
> Engineer's Change Room (No trainmen allowed unless
> approved by Tommy Grace!) in early 2002.

Gad John, I had THAT much hair then? Notice the Bill Farmer haircut (peachy keen!). Is what I've heard true, that you augment your pension with blackmail photos?

kilroydiver Wrote:
> That can't be Ed, where's his Hawaiian shirt? :-)

Yeah Dave, it's an almost unique deal that none of the page's photos show me in my trademark attire. I can't explain it. You've got to admit, though, that the sweater in John's pic is gawdawful-enough to be considered foul-weather Hawaiian gear.

And lastly:

drumwrencher Wrote:
​>Ed Gibson, Hogheaded, came out again for a visit. That's him, pic one late in the day,
>talking with Cris. Thanks again for coming out, Ed. Hope you enjoyed the day.
>(Couldn't have been bad, with lunch at 7 Mile! :)

I should point out that Walter sprang for lunch, thus I didn't need to use the standard, "I forgot my wallet," line. Yes, I did indeed enjoy my visit. You guys are a convivial bunch and gracious hosts. That's a great shot of Chris and the roundhouse, BTW. I think that I'll copy it and Photoshop in my face from John's photo as a replacement for that of the repulsive old man at right. Who is he, anyway?

EO

Date: 07/29/16 09:59

Convivial? Easy on the big words, Ed. We are but humble wanna-be-railroaders.... And the wallet line worked last time, plus it's a pretty good bet I'll never make it to Hawaii to pull that one on you... :) See ya next time. We should have the frame back on the wheels by then.  Convivial?  Walter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/16 10:01 by drumwrencher.

Date: 07/30/16 04:21
Author: hogheaded

Walter wrote:
>Convivial?

Well, it was the word that popped out on the online thesaurus when I was looking for something fancier than "good". Not so good, eh?

EO

Date: 07/30/16 06:19

hogheaded Wrote:
> Walter wrote:
> >Convivial?
>
> Well, it was the word that popped out on the
> online thesaurus when I was looking for something
> fancier than "good". Not so good, eh?
>
> EO

Oh. Good. Thanks!

Walter​

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0483 seconds