Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Nostalgia & History > Trolleyville U.S.A. Treasure 2 - CA&E 460

Date: 08/25/16 13:45
Trolleyville U.S.A. Treasure 2 - CA&E 460
Author: refarkas

Trolleyville U.S.A. in Olmstead Township was Ohio's premier trolley museum until it was forced to shut down when the mobile home park it was located on was sold. The equipment was sent to other museums, etc.
Here is Chicago Aurora and Elgin 460 at Trolleyville's west loop on 08/24/1996. CA&E 460 is now at the Illinois Railway Museum. The station was the former B&O station from Berea, Ohio.
Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/16 13:50 by refarkas.

Date: 08/25/16 17:19
Re: Trolleyville U.S.A. Treasure 2 - CA&E 460
Author: KeyRouteKen

I visited Trolleyville-USA back in 1981 when my employer sent me to a two week training class in Dublin outside of Columbus.  Visited the old Ohio Railroad Museum at Worthington and then went up to Cleveland and rode the old streetcars at Shaker Heights.  Took a sidetrip into Trolleyville and saw their stuff too.  It was all GREAT.

KRK

Date: 08/28/16 10:49
Author: SWChief

I'm normally only a mild fan of traction, but these shots are amazing!  Very nice composition there Bob. The folks at that museum must to have taken great pride in their equipment and how they presented it, because it really shows.  Thanks for taking the time and effort to post these for us to see!

Greg

Date: 08/28/16 11:22
Author: refarkas

Thanks.Trolleyville was a first-class operation which went out of its way to make each visitor's stay exceptional.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds