Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Nostalgia & History > New BN 9243 Tunnel 3 Wendover Canyon

Date: 08/25/16 18:25
New BN 9243 Tunnel 3 Wendover Canyon
Author: highgreengraphics

Just off a Director Special at Alliance, NE two days earlier, new BN 9243 leads the usual SD40-2 and mixed GE faire eastbound on its first coal load, out of wood-lined Tunnel 3 in Wendover Canyon, northwest of Guernsey, WY on May 12, 1990. As I recall from seeing it closer in Alliance on the Director Special, in the builders plate area is a small plaque with an inscription saying something about Fort Worth, TX, the frame of which can be seen in this photo. === === = === JLH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/16 18:35 by highgreengraphics.

Date: 08/25/16 19:12
Re: New BN 9243 Tunnel 3 Wendover Canyon
Author: callum_out

That's pretty spectacular, must say that some of your stuff really is beyond just being good.

Out

Date: 08/25/16 20:24
Author: Bob3985

Wow Jim,
​That was another of your awesome photos. Should be a photo of the week.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 08/25/16 20:46
Author: 3rdswitch

Excellent image, is this the tunnel between Wendover and Guernsey that was daylighted around '05?
JB

Date: 08/25/16 22:05
Author: highgreengraphics

No, Tunnel 2 was daylighted. And on this end of Tunnel 3 as in the picture, they erected a steel frame around the wood portal making it less photogenic.

​And thank you, thank you all posters for the really nice comments, it is very appreciated, gee you make me blush. I have no scanner, I am simply rephotographing slides in a spare digital camera with a Nikon slide copier attachment on a Nikkor macro copy lens aiming at good old blue sky, the quality is not bad, but I am really surprised at the amount of grain evident in the slide film originals and lack of clarity as opposed to today's digital, even at only 12MP. Shadows get kind of inky looking when rephotographing, even though the Fujichrome 100 I used in the originals was well known for less shadow density than Kodachrome. === === = === JLH

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/16 18:45 by highgreengraphics.

Date: 08/26/16 10:31
Author: callum_out

Say what!?! My Nikon zillion dollar scanner doesn't do as good as that shot you've produced!

Out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.078 seconds