Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Nostalgia & History > Clinchfield Santa Train

Date: 09/23/16 09:09
Clinchfield Santa Train
Author: CrudPunko

I recently scanned my small collection of Clinchfield Railroad slides and thought I'd share a couple here. I never laid eyes on the Clinchfield but from all I've read about the road, I know they had the same charm and slure the WP had for me,

1. CRR F7A 800 sits at Kingsport TN  on November 23, 1979. From what I can glean, this is power for a Santa train. (David Petke photo, Rattenne Collection)

2. The following day, photographer Petke chased the Santa train and caught it here somewhere outside of Kingsport TN on November 24, 1979. (David Petke photo, Rattenne Collection)

I would appreciate any additional info anyone can add to either of these images, especially photo no. 2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/16 09:10 by CrudPunko.

Date: 09/23/16 15:40
Re: Clinchfield Santa Train
Author: krm152

The posted photos are indeed of the 1979 Clinchfield Santa Train.  For comparison, there is a photo of this train on Page 75 of Clinchfield In Color by C. K. Marsh, Jr. published by Morning Sun Books.
The Clinchfield was a very interesting railraod.  During the time I lived in Winston Salem (Jun 1972 - Dec 1976), I made several visits to the Clinchfield.  Only wished I had made more.
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds