Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Nostalgia & History > I might not not have many slides but----

Date: 09/26/16 16:19
I might not not have many slides but----
Author: retcsxcfm

more B&W
Looking back at Bob's fine shot of the EL passenger train,I have this to offer.
Oct.1969 Not my photo
C&O 614 blasting out of Valrico,Fl.my photo

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

Date: 09/26/16 16:21
Re: I might not not have many slides but----
Author: ns2557

That 2nd shot is great. Thanks for sharing.  Keep em coming.  Ben

Date: 09/26/16 17:39
Author: tomstp

2 E units and two cars.  Talk about over powered!

Date: 09/26/16 19:01
Author: DynamicBrake

Holy smoke, that last shot is "out of bounds."  Nice pair, thanks for the share.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 09/26/16 19:53
Author: refarkas

Thanks for the EL photo because as you know, I really like the EL. Your 614 shot is a true beauty. You captured the power and might of steam in a dramatic way. Thanks for sharing these.
Bob

Date: 09/26/16 20:30
Author: krm152

UNCLE:
Really like the EL photo.
Expect this train is The Lake Cities somewhere between Chicago and Huntington IN down to only providing coach service and checked baggage over this portion of its run.
Diner-Lounge service west of Huntington IN was discontinued effective Apr 27 1969.
Pullman service west of Youngstown OH was discontinued effective Oct 29 1967.
Actually suspect the photo you posted was taken on a WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY, depending upon the train’s direction..
Page 93 of EL Through Passenger Service In Color by John J. Boehner features a photo of The Lake Cities westbound near Ohio City OH on Nov 11 1969 with two E Units, a Baggage Car, a Coach, and a Diner Lounge. Upon reaching Huntington IN the diner lounge would be detached leaving the E units with only two cars for the rest of their run into Chicago. Also, the photo caption mentioned that on TUESDAYs, The Lake Cities would be assigned two coaches from Hoboken with one being detached at Youngstown and the other operated through to Chicago.
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds