Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Nostalgia & History > Circus Train roaring through Cougar early 1990's

Date: 01/15/17 16:12
Circus Train roaring through Cougar early 1990's
Author: photobob

SP8313 east roaring past MP364 at Cougar back in the early 1990's. Its been many years since the Circus Train rolled through Dunsmuir but its just another piece of history gone never to be replaced. Its just all elephant crap now.

Robert Morris Photography

Date: 01/15/17 17:48
Re: Circus Train roaring through Cougar early 1990's
Author: srman

Great picture!

Date: 01/15/17 23:15
Author: The_Chief_Way

Photobob's image and comment are spot on !

Date: 01/16/17 13:32
Author: railwaybaron

It's sad that the RBBB circus will be no more, but don't worry a new circus will begin starting Jan 20Th, and it will have some of America's best "acts" including all of the same old crap you're used to! I will remember forever the circus train rolling thru Davis, CA, when I was working the depot. The elephants' trunks were sniffing-out the fresh air from the "baggage" ca doors as they rolled by. To be fair, RBBB said that at the heart of the closing was a long-term decline in ticket sales that predated the so-called "rescue"(?) of the elephants. That said you can hardly expect the circus to withstand the impact of the computer age, there is far more crap being broadcast on Twitter any hour than any circus could supply in a year! I wonder what the circus performers are going to do for work? Will they collect unemployment insurance? Are their skills transferable? Oh well, what does it matter, I think most of them are foreigners who have been taking American circus jobs for years. They can go back from whence they came!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 13:45 by railwaybaron.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds