Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Nostalgia & History > Chicago and Milwaukee Railroad Sign

Date: 03/27/17 11:50
Chicago and Milwaukee Railroad Sign
Author: davebb71

We got this sign donated to us and did a little research on it.  This was a railroad which ran from chicago northwards for 45 miles towards waukegan (milwaukee) and was finally merged into the CNW in 1883.  Does anyone know if there is a depot museum along the UP-N line that we could talk to?? Donation, sell, trade, barter or some other CNW museum in the area??  We would like it to have a good home and who would appreciate it more than we can here on the GN in MN.  dave, out.

Date: 03/27/17 14:50
Re: Chicago and Milwaukee Railroad Sign
Author: GPutz

Very interesting.  I suggest you contact the Illinois Railway Museum.  Gerry

Date: 03/27/17 15:44
Author: LarryC

Another option is to contact the Chicago & Northwestern Historical Society.  http://cnwhs.org/

Date: 03/27/17 17:29
Author: ChilliSub

Unfortunately, it is a reproduction with no affiliation to any railroad. Not sure who made these, but there are ship lines, railroads and golf coarse themes. Made in the mid 1980's, mostly for the restaurant chain business, like Fridays and Ruby Tuesdays.

Bruce

Date: 03/28/17 10:30
Author: davebb71

I don't think this one is a reproduction because the guy who donated it is 87 years old and he got it from his father when he took over the family business along the milwaukee road in wisconsin.  I think they thought this was a predecessor to the chicago, milwaukee, & st. paul railroad (MILW) and that's why his dad's friend gave it to him.

I thought about the CNW historical society, but do they have a physical museum somewhere or do they just get together once a year for their convention in different towns???

dave, out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0285 seconds