Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Nostalgia & History > MoP Steel Cupola Caboose

Date: 03/27/17 20:19
MoP Steel Cupola Caboose
Author: ns2557

Yesterday I happened to be in the Bald Knob Arkansas area. Wound up staying trackside. Quite busy to say the least. While there, got to meet the owner of the Hobby Shop at the ex Mop Station at Bald Knob AR in his "environment" A pair of ex MoP Cabeese were on the property. One I found rather intereseting. MP 11018, built by Magor, lot P-8950 in 1937 as MP Class 900 to UP Class CA-20.. This particular Car is being refurbished here at the Hobby Shop/Museum in Bald Knob. One of 4 that remained after the UP Merger, it is proudly on display here at Bald Knob.  What a gem.  I highly recomend a visit to thsi wonderful spot along the UP Hoxie Sub/Memphis Sub, just north of Little Rock and Searcy.I can guarentee you will not be dispointed. The whole thing is run by a staff of 1, Mr Craig Christianson. A great gentleman, full of allkinds of info on the UP thru here.  By all means, if ya are in the area, stop by and check this spot out. Lot's of UP action to keep all sufficiently occupied.    Shot yesterday in Bald Knob Ar, 3-26-207.  Thanks for looking. Ben

Date: 03/27/17 20:34
Re: MoP Steel Cupola Caboose
Author: Atlpete

Thanks for the tip, I've heard the route through Bald Knob (old "St. Louis & Iron Mountain?") is very busy.
That caboose sure looks like the C&O pattern cars the C&EI bought form ACF in 1947, though a UP employee showed my pictures he took of those after they were sold to a scrapper in Texas out near El Paso right after UP aquired MP.

Date: 03/27/17 20:43
Re: MoP Steel Cupola Caboose
Author: ns2557

Atlpete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>old "St. Louis & Iron Mountain?")

Yes indeedy, ol StL&IM.  Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds