Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Nostalgia & History > A Monday Meet on the D&H

Date: 04/17/17 09:22
A Monday Meet on the D&H
Author: march_hare

In the spring of 1975, a northbound freight is waiting at the end of double track in Cobleskill, NY.  The tail-end crew has taken advanatage of the opportunity to buy sandwiches at the Dairy Deli, housed in the big, former creamery structure at the left.  They've just reboarded and are ready for a roll by as the southbound roars past in notch 8, eager to make use of the Cobleskill sag so they can build momentum for the tougher grades a mile or so ahead.

For me, a few minutes' delay on my way to class, and a chance to listen to Alcos.   Pretty good sandwich, too.

Date: 04/17/17 09:30
Re: A Monday Meet on the D&H
Author: refarkas

Interesting photo - The crewman watching for the runby makes a good human interest element.
Bob

Date: 04/17/17 09:38
Author: bluesboyst

You were really close.. Are you standing in between the two tracks?b

Date: 04/18/17 21:19
Author: NYC_L4a

Neat. Spent a lot of time in Cobleskill in the late 70s. Saw lots and lots of D&H trains go right past a car dealership I worked at. but I wasn't knowledgeable enough then to know about how classic the power was, let alone take any photos. What a good opportunity shot to hell.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0257 seconds