Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Nostalgia & History > AT&SF Safe

Date: 04/28/17 21:12
AT&SF Safe
Author: Hookdragkick

Seen this old company safe at work in  NM. I have no info on it but would like know when Santa Fe might of used it and who i.e. a clerk.

Date: 04/28/17 21:20
Re: AT&SF Safe
Author: mp51w

Those old safes are worth big bucks!

Date: 04/28/17 22:49
Author: PHall

Looks like a Depot Safe to me.

Date: 04/29/17 04:32
Author: Super_C

It looks similar to the one in the depot at Lamy back in the late 1960s. And, it was more than just decoration; the agent/operators used it.

JCL

Date: 04/29/17 06:49
Author: LocoPilot750

At Topeka there was a Wells Fargo Express safe with fancy lettering & striping, in the old REA building. One day they decided to repaint the interior walls, safe included, so it was toatlly ruined in my opinion. In the early 70's, a friend had a Santa Fe safe similiar to the one pictured in his barn he wanted to sell to me. I went out and looked at it, and all four wheels had broken through the barn floor. Too heavy to move, so I walked.

Date: 04/29/17 09:21
Author: superfleet

Any idea what these old ATSF depot safes are worth? I know where there's one here locally, seller is trying to figure out what it's worth.

Thanks,

Dan

Date: 04/29/17 13:36
Author: wabash2800

When I was a controller we had a big old safe like that (but not RR) near my office and we used it. We moved and looked at moving it with us. We were told by a safe company that in moving it, it would be damaged. We didn't know if that was true or the safe company was trying to sell us a new safe. Anyway, about six months after we moved out a new business moved in our old location. They called and wanted to know the combination. Darned if I couldn't remember it and no longer had it written down...

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds