Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Nostalgia & History > more B&O blue

Date: 05/21/17 16:21
more B&O blue
Author: FT

A few weeks ago I posted some classic B&O, pre Chessie. and now time for some more.

First is at Connelsville, PA 10/15/77 by Jim Herold Great view of a "calf sandwich".

next Sandy Hook, MD Harpers Ferry cross over 4/82 Robert Robl

third 1461 Harpers Ferry, MD says "last Run" on slide 5/1/71 James Jeffery

Keith A (ft)

Date: 05/21/17 17:15
Re: more B&O blue
Author: refarkas

Three "B&O Beauties".
Bob

Date: 05/21/17 18:29
Author: GPutz

B&O #1461 did lead the last B&O "Capitol" out of Northwestern Station, Chicago, IL, 4/30/71. Thanks for posting. Gerry

Date: 05/21/17 23:53
Author: krm152

All are well composed photos that truly reflect the character of the B&O. However, the third photo, to me falls into the exceptional category. B&O #1461 is ex C&O #4011, the dual headlights give away its heritage.
Thanks for posting.
ALLEN

Date: 05/22/17 02:26
Author: ClubCar

krm152 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All are well composed photos that truly reflect
> the character of the B&O. However, the third
> photo, to me falls into the exceptional category.
> B&O #1461 is ex C&O #4011, the dual headlights
> give away its heritage.
> Thanks for posting.
> ALLEN
You are correct Allen in that it was an ex-C&O unit; however there were several of these ex-C&O units repainted into B&O as the C&O who controlled the B&O transferred units over to the B&O. To most of us, it did not matter as it is still a very nice photo of a bygone era that I personally miss. It's not the same today. I thank everyone for sharing their photos for us to enjoy.
John

Date: 05/22/17 04:50
Author: bridgeportsub

Wow great stuff. I remember the the 2 cows and the calf working the hump at Connellsville. Sometimes it would get crowded out there on that foot bridge with all of the railfans taking pictures.

Randy

Date: 05/22/17 11:16
Author: chakk

That final run also had both of the coach domes in the consist. I believe the second dome is hidden behind the station building on the westbound main.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds