Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Nostalgia & History > Railroad Record Club

Date: 05/29/17 10:53
Railroad Record Club
Author: sig292

Mr. William Steventon of Hawkins, Wisconsin operated the Railroad Record Club from the mid-1950s' into the 1980s'. In that time he produced 42 LPs of steam and traction sounds along with 6 "sampler" records. At times he also sold photographs, books, traction movies and, even RR watch fobs!
I'm trying to put together an archive of Railroad Record club paper materials, catalogs, newsletters, advertisements, anything relating to the club. I'd also like to purchase a copy of record number 22, BC&G, number 30 Sound Scrapbook-Steam, number 31 New York Central, and any of the sampler records.
If anyone has any paper ephemera from the club, and is willing to share, a scan of the items posted as an attachment to a reply to this post, a PM, or emailed directly to me at gearken@yahoo.com will be very much appreciated. I'm also willing to consider a purchase of material in which case please PM me. I will eventually put all this on line for anyone interested to read. A lot of what I've collected can already be seen on my friend's blog, The Trolley Dodger starting with this post: https://thetrolleydodger.com/2015/04/12/a-railroad-record-club-discography/
I apologize if this is considered a "want ad" and should perhaps have been posted in the Classified ads, but I thought since I was mostly looking for information and help with the archive, that posting it here would be permissible and get more eyeballs on it.
Thanks!
Ken Gear

Date: 05/29/17 15:38
Re: Railroad Record Club
Author: Westbound

If you include audio samples of those records, yours should be a very popular site.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds