Home Open Account Help 164 users online

Nostalgia & History > The Power Desk Hates US!!

Date: 06/16/17 17:38
The Power Desk Hates US!!
Author: callum_out

Two shining examples that let you know you're on the wrong train!

1) At Minturn, "Hi we're here for our trip up the hill!" , train barely made it with a
six unit helper
2) San Timeteo Canyon, as if the GP35 on the point wasn't bad enough the little GE with
all the doors open wasn't helping. The train stalled despite a four unit helper, took
a three unit on the point to finally get the thing to Beaumont.
Just another day.

Out

Date: 06/16/17 21:54
Re: The Power Desk Hates US!!
Author: miralomarail

I always laugh when I see engine room doors wide open, defeats a Pressurized Engine room, allows all kinds of stuff kicked up off the track to wind up where it usually can cause a Major Headache for " The Power Desk "

Date: 06/17/17 11:52
Author: callum_out

I don't think even the U boats with the 3 section bi-fold doors would open this far, this is definitely
an atmospheric pressurized locomotive!!

Out

Date: 06/17/17 17:14
Author: SD45X

I remember 7 units at Monument CO after the SP takeover needing the BN helpers to come down and take them north over the hill. 9 units 30 cars.
Leaving the Siding the Sp had 2 working and one died on the switch. Downhill to Burnham:)

Date: 06/18/17 08:53
Author: hogheaded

miralomarail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always laugh when I see engine room doors wide
> open, defeats a Pressurized Engine room, allows
> all kinds of stuff kicked up off the track to wind
> up where it usually can cause a Major Headache for
> " The Power Desk "

The explanation might be that for E's unfamiliar with those particular GE junkers, it was an Easter egg hunt to find all of the reset buttons after the darn things died.

EO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds