Home Open Account Help 204 users online

Nostalgia & History > "Old school" BNSF

Date: 06/25/17 15:56
"Old school" BNSF
Author: oyw

The BNSF is probably not often thought of as nostalgic, but it has been more than 20 years since this mega-merger took place and the “new” railroad has worn many paint variations. One of my favorites is the first version of the orange and green scheme commonly referred to as “Heritage I”, illustrated by SD40-2 7300 at Council Bluffs, IA on September 25, 2003. This was a great time to photograph the BNSF as you never knew what mixture of locomotives you might find. With lots of older power in various schemes along with plenty of leased power, this manifest train typifies the early BNSF. The 7300 began life as a Canadian National SD40 and the second unit in the consist is leased GCFX/Alsthom 6067, also an ex-CN SD40. The rest of the units were ex-BN GP39E 2766, ex-Santa Fe B23-7 4237 and former BN GP39M 2819. Nice variety compared to the endless sea of modern orange locomotives on today’s BNSF but something to ponder, what will the BNSF and other railroads look like 20 years from now?

OYW

Date: 06/25/17 17:53
Re: "Old school" BNSF
Author: refarkas

First-class image of a great lashup in an interesting location.
Bob

Date: 06/25/17 20:11
Author: DynamicBrake

A colorful lashup to be sure. Personally, I like the Heritage I scheme on the SD40-2. Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 06/26/17 10:04
Author: callum_out

Gorgeous shot, ah the days of some variety!

Out

Date: 06/26/17 23:13
Author: CNW8531

Old school is right, and I love it! Give me the olden days any day. What a consist. Great shot!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0491 seconds