Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Nostalgia & History > Track Laying in Como, Session #5

Date: 07/16/17 06:00
Track Laying in Como, Session #5
Author: meixel

For news and pictures of Como track session #5 go here: https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/track-laying-in-como-session-5

Date: 07/16/17 07:08
Re: Track Laying in Como, Session #5
Author: mp51w

I'm familiar with the rocky nature of the soil there, my dad lives in Bailey, but will there be any ballast put down?

Date: 07/16/17 10:24

We originally put ballast on the track in front of the depot. But if you look at the historic pictures of the DSP&P it looks like they just used dirt everywhere.

Date: 07/16/17 10:45
Author: jcaestecker

Thanks for your updates.  I am happy to see that you're bringing back to life a truly historic location.  One suggestion, though it's not really any of my business, but you'll be happy later on if you use even a little bit of ballast today.

Keep up the good work!

-John

Date: 07/16/17 10:46

John, you're right. We are thinking of putting down ballast and then covering it up with dirt to try and have the best of both worlds.

Date: 07/16/17 10:59
Author: rnb3

And don't forget to flood the new ballast with a 50/50 mixture of white glue and water with a drop of dish soap to keep it all from blowing away...

Rick Bacon
Windsor, CO

Date: 07/16/17 13:53
Author: jcaestecker

meixel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John, you're right. We are thinking of putting
> down ballast and then covering it up with dirt to
> try and have the best of both worlds.

Nice!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0615 seconds