Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP, 1988 5114 West & East, Broussard, La. World Boudin Capitol

Date: 11/18/17 11:57
SP, 1988 5114 West & East, Broussard, La. World Boudin Capitol
Author: FiveChime

You might notice as I post more of these Louisiana videos from December, 1988, that the same, now long gone,
locomotives appear several times on different trains. Appears that most all of these are trailer and container
shuttle trains between Houston and New Orleans with perhaps captive power.

In talking with a few hog heads down there at the time, I learned they did not care for the blinker warning lights
being installed during that time period to replace the old SP standard oscillating lights. Perhaps that is why
the units back in the power consists appear to have the new blinkers while the point power holds the old SP
standard.

You might also note all the abandon track that of course has long since been removed, like I'm sure, many of the grade crossings
as well.

More extreme horn use in the next few postings!

Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/18/17 15:54
Re: SP, 1988 5114 West & East, Broussard, La. World Boudin Capit
Author: CPCoyote

Great shots. Watching motorists drive across with the train approaching, I wouldn't call it extreme horn use. Broussard has grown up considerably since then.

Date: 11/18/17 18:31
Author: tehachapifan

B23-7 leading....cool!

Date: 11/19/17 01:50
Author: Fizzboy7

Interesting pattern of events. I'd be a bit surprised if the lead unit was determined by which lights it had on it. But it is possible...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds