Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Nostalgia & History > New Power For Frisco

Date: 12/14/17 20:41
New Power For Frisco
Author: BNSF-6432

In March 1972 Frisco acquired some new GP38's, and Frank Tribbey caught a few appearing to make their first or one of their first runs. No notes on the photos but given the curves and the red dirt, it's almost most likely between Sapulpa, OK and Oklahoma City, OK on the Sooner Sub.

Frank Tribbey pics
Patrick M.

Date: 12/14/17 23:02
Re: New Power For Frisco
Author: coach

I like how RR's had several different light options back then.  Here, the FRISCO had their style, with a Gyralight.  Very unique.

Date: 12/15/17 07:34
Author: oklachaser

Awesome Frisco photos. If I had to make a wild guess, the first photo looks like he took it off of the bridge west of Sapulpa on Route 66. You can see the turnpike in the background & the angle of the curve matches that location. I'm not sure about the 2nd photo but in the 3rd photo there's a MP. I think it's 443 which would be between Sapulpa & Kellyville. If it's MP 433 that would be between Kellyville & Bristow.

Ronda Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/17 07:37 by oklachaser.

Date: 12/15/17 11:38
Author: Shortline

I used to run that line, long after it was Frisco. There isn't much to go on, but it appears the third picture is at MP 443, just South of Sapulpa OK. The other two, really not enough for me to identify. I have seen these same pics pop up from time to time and seem to recall they were labeled as between Tulsa and OKC, so that fits.

This was me at the other end of the line about to cross the UP Interlocking, in Midwest City heading toward Tulsa, long after the Semaphores were gone, probably in 2004, or 2005.

Date: 12/15/17 19:55
Author: UP951West

Those are real Frisco gems. Thanks for sharing them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds