Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Nostalgia & History > CB&Q (BN) GP7 in 1975

Date: 02/19/18 05:00
CB&Q (BN) GP7 in 1975
Author: Korigaoka1811

When I was a little kid in Lincoln Nebraska, I liked trains and the Burlington was my favorite railroad. Then we moved to Southern California in '69 and the Q was far away. Burlington Northern happened next. By the time I started taking train pictures in 1974 there was lots of Q rolling stock still around but not that many red Chinese-red engines left. And I was only in CB&Q country a couple weeks every summer while on family vacations visiting relatives.

So I was sure happy to get a picture of GP7 1597 at Pacific Junction in the summer of 1975. Now, did I get a picture of the turntable and the roundhouse(?) that looked like it was falling down? No. But for all its faults as a photograph and my faults as a young railway documentarian, I still like this picture a lot. Nice memory. (Note on *not* trespassing: I couple yardmen looking-on gave me the OK but no climbing on equipment!)

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/18 05:02 by Korigaoka1811.

Date: 02/19/18 07:17
Re: CB&Q (BN) GP7 in 1975
Author: UP951West

I always appreciate Q photos.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds