Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Nostalgia & History > B&O memories

Date: 03/15/18 02:57
B&O memories
Author: Roadjob

Top photo...Westbound on Sand Patch between Hyndman and Fairhope.

Middle....Helper shoving hard to move ore train past east end of Glenwood yard in Pittsburgh.

Bottom. Fairbanks Morse meeting at west end of Bayview yard in Baltimore. Unit on left is an H16-44 and switcher on right is an H12-44.

Date: 03/15/18 03:37
Re: B&O memories
Author: kgmontreal

Wow. All three are terrific photos. But the meet between F-M units is really special.

Ken Goslett

Date: 03/15/18 03:47
Author: ClubCar

kgmontreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. All three are terrific photos. But the meet
> between F-M units is really special.
>
> Ken Goslett
I agree too that all three of your photos are great and I appreciate the fact that you are sharing them with all of us. Please keep on posting more B&O and Western Maryland. Thanks.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 03/15/18 04:27
Author: WM_1109

More, please!
All of these are terrific photos. But yeah, the one with the two F-M units is really special.
-Ted

Date: 03/15/18 05:34
Author: bridgeportsub

Fantastic photos. Never saw FM units over here in Grafton. A friend took me to several B&O places in Baltimore,but would not go to Bayview because security was too tight around there. And that was back in the early 80's.

Randy

Date: 03/15/18 05:41
Author: refarkas

Great images. The meet with two FM's really brings a smile.
Bob

Date: 03/15/18 08:53
Author: krm152

Great photos! Definitely like them all.
ALLEN

Date: 03/15/18 13:36
Author: Gateway97

That is a really nice set. Seeing pics of Sand Patch never gets old, F’s never get old, just us Railfans getting older. ;~ )

Date: 03/15/18 13:40
Author: perklocal

I can just imagine the sound of that 6-pack heading up the "Patch"! Those Geeps and 30s shoving that ore train made a nice racket too I'll bet! You can see the sand flying around those wheels! Great shots!

Date: 03/15/18 20:42
Author: RuleG

Nice trio of photos. Being a Pittsburgher, I'm partial to the second photo.

In that photo, can't help but note the relative cleanliness of the second GP9 even in the Chessie era.

I believe the tower shown in that photo was one of the last, if not the last, staffed interlocking tower in Pittsburgh.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds