Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Nostalgia & History > Several Amtrak oldies - Rome, NY

Date: 03/20/18 04:48
Several Amtrak oldies - Rome, NY
Author: train1275

1. An F40PH powered consists glides under the old Greenway (Hoag Road) overpass in a pouring rain circa 1990, probably shot during my lunch hour while working at Rome Locomotive Works - circa 1990. Back then this was a frequent hang out.

2. I had always wanted to catch a photo off the Route 365 overpass with the Paul Revere and horse neon sign in the background. It was lit at night so that it appeared the horse was running with the neon lights turning on and off. This was the only time I ever stopped on what at the time was a busy road with Griffis Air Base still going hot and heavy and frequent B52's flying over head. It's probably Amtrak Train #64 the Niagara Rainbow eastbound to New York City, and he is just accelerating out of his Rome station stop. Circa 1989.

Hard to believe F40's are now nostalgic oldies but these images are now almost 30 years old.

Date: 03/20/18 16:01
Re: Several Amtrak oldies - Rome, NY
Author: anthracite

A nice walk down memory lane. Sometimes I miss those "Screaming Thunderboxes". ;)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds