Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Nostalgia & History > very early photos of B&O in Baltimore...Belt Line

Date: 04/18/18 03:46
very early photos of B&O in Baltimore...Belt Line
Author: Roadjob

Top... This is the Advance Hudson, a Potomac Yard-New York area train. The CNJ and Reading frequently pooled power with B&O on this train.1965

Middle...westbound local starting down the belt line to Mount Clare A Yard. This is west end Bayview Yard. 1966

bottom... A personal favorite not for quality, but for the memory. Three Fairbanks Morse units shoving NE84 east up belt line at Huntington Ave. This was my first "helper" shot. 1964

Date: 04/18/18 04:14
Re: very early photos of B&O in Baltimore...Belt Line
Author: refarkas

Three treasures.
Bob

Date: 04/18/18 04:18
Author: ClubCar

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Three treasures.
> Bob

I agree 100%, thank you so much for sharing them with all of us. Great memories for sure.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 04/18/18 04:52
Author: bridgeportsub

I agree. love looking at the photos you have posted.

Randy

Date: 04/18/18 06:24
Author: KimHeusel

This is a great look back at one of my early favorite railroads. Thanks for sharing. And no need to apologize for the quality of that third photo. Looks great to me.

Kim Heusel

Date: 04/18/18 11:36
Author: gcm

Another series of impressive pictures.
Thanks.
Gary

Date: 04/18/18 11:37
Author: knotch8

Great photos. No. 3 especially is a classic with the Reading caboose and the FM helpers. You can't get a good Street View from Huntingdon Ave on one of the popular street mapping programs, but here's the Street View from the next overpass south of Huntingdon Ave, on Sisson St. If you click on it and look north on the double track, you'll see it converges to single track and Huntingdon Ave is in the trees in the background. https://goo.gl/maps/2JPHNY3eJdR2 It looks like the entire scene behind the train is now a bus parking lot.

Great photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Date: 04/18/18 12:38

I lived on Sisson Street! Not literally, but that is where I watched the trains from the most when I was a young teen. In future posts you will see me mention Sisson Street quite a bit. The yard you see in the background of photo three is Huntingdon Ave. Yard. Sisson Street is to the right out of the picture. That yard is where the Oak Street job showed up 5 nights a week, and where I got my first rides.

Date: 04/18/18 12:39

That is also Sisson Street bridge in the back right of the top picture.

Date: 04/18/18 16:09
Author: SP2541

Where was NE84 handed off to the Reading?

Date: 04/18/18 16:30

Went on to Reading tracks in Philadelphia, then went to CNJ at Boundbrook Jct. in New Jersey, but I'm going from memory on that one.

Date: 04/18/18 21:04
Author: JLinDE

Fantastic shots; quality unimportant. I'm quite shure since I have a schedule bok a few years later NE*$ went to RDG but the to Allentown/CNJ north to D&H. My notes I think have an Advance Hudson leaving North Point in 1966, in dark, with 3 CNJ Trainmasters. It left like a rocket.

Date: 04/19/18 03:38

You are correct. The NEs went to Allentown, then to CNJ, later LV, then on to the D&H. I saw the Trainmasters as well on a couple of occasions, also in the dark I'm sad to say.And yes, they were always on the Advance Hudson or its southbound/westbound counterpart, The Potomac.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/18 12:53 by Roadjob.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0654 seconds