Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Nostalgia & History > Western Maryland, Fs and Geeps at WMs center of operations

Date: 04/25/18 08:08
Western Maryland, Fs and Geeps at WMs center of operations
Author: Roadjob

Top...Williamsport Helper set of the day was a gem! F7s, and FA, and a Geep. Every trip up there was a delight since you never knew what would be pushing eastbounds into Hagerstown. 1972

Middle....rolling up the hill from Williamsport, this classic lashup heading into Hagerstown. 1973

bottom...A gathering of geeps at Hagerstown roundhouse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/18 08:09 by Roadjob.

Date: 04/25/18 08:34
Re: Western Maryland, Fs and Geeps at WMs center of operations
Author: WM303

Did you record the locomotive numbers from picture #1?

Date: 04/25/18 09:18
Author: Tominde

Wow again. I really look forward to your post each day. You did some great work.

Date: 04/25/18 09:25
Author: bridgeportsub

Great stuff from a great railroad.

Randy

Date: 04/25/18 11:25

I was always a photographer first, so I never got into numbers of units. I usually focused on what model they were. If you are interested in the FA unit, it was 301. It seemed to show up on The helpers quite a bit in its last days on WM. The shop forces probably liked to keep it close.

Date: 04/25/18 11:25
Author: yhandf

You know, your posts are not the only reason I visit this site daily - but here lately, they certainly are the best part of the visit!

Thanks for sharing all of these with us - you should seriously consider publishing a book with all of these if you haven't already thought of doing so.

Long live the WM!

Rob H.
Keymar, MD

Date: 04/25/18 11:31

Thank you. I am enjoying this outlet, and giving folks an opportunity to somewhat enjoy the fun I had those years. As for a book, it would be a labor of love, but I really don't have the interest. It is time consuming, expensive, and frustrating. I talked to enough people who did it. I used to send photos to the different magazines, wrote a few articles including one for Trains, and I have had several images in other peoples books. That was enough ego stroking for me in those days. LOL!

Date: 04/25/18 15:07
Author: ClubCar

Great photos, terrific memories of the good old Western Maryland and as I mentioned in another one of your photos, WM #236 is the F unit that was saved and is in the B&O R.R. Museum in Baltimore, although not at the present operating.
Thanks again for all your photos.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 04/25/18 20:23
Author: Press25

Roadjob, l

Don’t rule out self publishing a print on demand book, such as through Blurb or Createspace.

No aggravation unless you subject yourself to it, and as they are print on demand there is no financial risk.

I published two books on the Port Huron and Detroit Railroad using Createspace. They are soft cover books on trade paper, so there are perhaps some compromises depending on one’s perspective. However one of my objectives was to be able to put out a quality product of a rare subject at a price point within most everyone’s reach.

Both books (one color and the other black and white) have exceeded expectations with no advertising or marketing campaign.

Blurb gives you the option of doing a high-quality hardback book on glossy paper, but there is a corresponding increase in price point.

Just a thought to consider.

Press 25

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds