Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Nostalgia & History > If you were a Reading fan, you hated this time

Date: 04/26/18 03:02
If you were a Reading fan, you hated this time
Author: Roadjob

Top...Ex EL mainline at Sterling Ohio...1977 Now the tracks and RU tower are history.

Middle...eastbound approaching Banks tower with Enola train in tow

bottom...Northbound on the Corridor just north of Aberdeen Maryland

Date: 04/26/18 04:17
Re: If you were a Reading fan, you hated this time
Author: perklocal

I did hate it when they started patching over old paint, but it was always nice to see anything with a RDG rain gutter over the cab in the lead. CR patch jobs were not created equal. Some were done with great care and stayed within the lines(probably done by ex home road employees), while others looked they were attacked by a spray bomb! Nice assortment! Looks like a Central Soya Grain Train under the wires.

Date: 04/26/18 06:46
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the pictures.

I believe Central Soya had a substantial export facility in Baltimore, with its own switchers.

Date: 04/26/18 07:50
Author: refarkas

Thanks for posting these. My favorite is number one at Sterling. I haven't seen too many old Sterling photos recently, so this brought a grin.
Bob

Date: 04/26/18 11:56
Author: King_Coal

Must have been pretty decent GP35s - CR put cab signals on them pretty quickly. The were frequently in the lead it seemed.

As pointed out, whoever painted out the diamond didn't show the same care they did on the EL SD45s.

Good memories.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds