Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Nostalgia & History > Depot Friday: Durand, KS

Date: 05/25/18 07:28
Depot Friday: Durand, KS
Author: santafe199

Here’s a leftover image I didn’t post in my latest Toto adventure/tribute to my late friend John Arbuckle. After chasing a 3-car Mop special to just-over-the-state-line South Coffeyville, OK we doubled back north shooting whatever we could find. This is the depot at Durand, KS. Durand was a sort of crossroads for the Mop in the state of Kansas. In addition to the N-S main line from Kansas City to Coffeyville and on to Little Rock, AR there was a secondary E-W line that peeled off from the St Louis ~ Kansas City main line at Pleasant Hill, MO and ran through Durand to Wichita with off-shoots running to other points in central Kansas. A little over a year ago I posted a couple of photos from my late friend Tony Fey showing this old depot along with its tin-shack replacement. Here is a link: ( https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,4239951,4239951#msg-4239951 ).

1. MP depot in Durand, KS with local power(?) led by MP 1579 sitting about. We’re looking north on the afternoon of August 10, 1982.

Thanks for looking back!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/18 07:30 by santafe199.

Date: 05/25/18 09:27
Re: Depot Friday: Durand, KS
Author: gcm

I always enjoy depot pictures - thanks for this one.
Gary

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0522 seconds