Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Nostalgia & History > A KS 'Gang’ look back at CCT

Date: 05/25/18 09:54
A KS 'Gang’ look back at CCT
Author: santafe199

This image was scanned from a slide taken by one of my 80’s Kansas Gang pals that ended up in the collection of another. Mark Simonson shot this slide and traded it to John Arbuckle. When John passed away I was able to purchase a large block of his trader slides from his estate, including this one. And I was not surprised to look in my “misc diesels” Logan box to find my own identical trader from Mark. But it’s more fun to credit 3 of the 6 of us KS Gangsters! Even more so since the other 2 are now gone…

1. CCT 60 in Stockton, CA on May 6, 1986.
Photo by the late Mark Simonson, from the late John Arbuckle collection

Thanks for looking back!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 05/26/18 00:45
Re: A KS 'Gang’ look back at CCT
Author: Evan_Werkema

Unless something has happened within the last two years, that locomotive is still with us as Sierra Northern 47, repainted yellow and minus her dynamic brake blister:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,4175392

My understanding was that she was kind of a basket case for her last few years on the CCT, but somehow she;s kept going for another two decades. Geeps are hard to kill.

Date: 05/26/18 05:25
Author: UP951West

Glad to see some of Mark's work. Fine fellow he was. --KRM

Date: 05/28/18 10:11
Author: saewald

CCT 60 and 70 were former Reading units (I don’t know their original numbers). They were set up long hood-forward and stayed like that with the CCT. As SERA 47, the “F” in now on the short-hood end. As far as I know, it’s still in service.

I was lucky enough to have seen it run once or twice in the late 1990’s, filling in for one of the ex-Rock Island GP18’s that were the usual power then.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/18 10:14 by saewald.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds