Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Nostalgia & History > I met the Burlington...once!

Date: 06/22/18 08:49
I met the Burlington...once!
Author: Roadjob

While in the Air Force in 1968, I had occasion to be on an assignment in Denver Colorado at the now extinct Lowry AFB. I had a free day so naturally I went downtown to see the rail scene. I walked everywhere from Burnham shops of the Rio Grande to North Yard of the Grande on the other side of town. I had a field day photographing UP passenger trains, and freights of 5 roads I had never seen up to that point. I located these "throwaways" yesterday while looking through thousands of unprinted negatives. All images taken around Rice yard in Denver in 1968. They sure don't look like throwaways anymore!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/18 08:54 by Roadjob.

Date: 06/22/18 08:51
Re: I met the Burlington...once!

These five photos were the only time I photographed the CB&Q on their system outside of a 1970 visit to Chicago

Date: 06/22/18 09:27
Author: SPDRGWfan

Lovin it. I have an HO model of that there GP30 949 as well!

Cheers, Jim

Date: 06/22/18 09:39
Author: valmont

Last 3 were at Q's 23rd St. engine house area ..... and the first shot looks like AT&SF F's up front

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/18 09:48 by valmont.

Date: 06/22/18 11:14
Author: refarkas

These aren't all "throwaways". You have some very good material in that group of unprinted negatives.
Bob

Date: 06/22/18 12:19
Author: tomstp

Scan all of them. They look very good.

Date: 06/22/18 13:16

Working on it! Throwaway was a bad term. I should have said extras.

Date: 06/22/18 17:07
Author: BuddPullman

Terrific images! Great job.

It would be super to see your passenger photos from those last years before Amtrak.

Thank you for sharing.

Date: 06/22/18 21:39
Author: YukonYeti

This is the place I called home, thanks for taking me back even if for only a few moments... The first two shots are definitely Colorado & Southern, the remainder being Q..

YY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds