Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Nostalgia & History > Passenger Car Photo Index

Date: 07/20/18 10:15
Passenger Car Photo Index
Author: ATSF3751

I am a regular visitor to Passenger Car Photo Index and the last few days the site has been down. Anyone know if the might be permament? I understand it may be a routine maintenance issue, but am looking for any other insight into this very helpful and informative site.

Date: 07/20/18 10:54
Re: Passenger Car Photo Index
Author: HotWater

ATSF3751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a regular visitor to Passenger Car Photo
> Index and the last few days the site has been
> down. Anyone know if the might be permament? I
> understand it may be a routine maintenance issue,
> but am looking for any other insight into this
> very helpful and informative site.

According to information posted on the OGR 2-Rail SCALE Forum, try this,   http://passcarphotos.rypn.org/

Date: 07/20/18 14:31
Author: ATSF3751

Thank you for your information. Very helpful!

Date: 07/20/18 15:53
Author: SR2

Indeed, thank you! 

Date: 07/20/18 19:17
Author: illini73

Jerry LaBoda, creator of the Passenger Car Photo Index, has passed away.  His estate (not surprisingly) has not seen fit to continue paying hosting fees for the site, which was accordingly taken down by the hosting service.  The folks at Railway Preservation News "rescued" a snapshot of the site from the Internet Wayback Machine and have made it available at the address indicated.  However, they are not maintaining the data so the site will gradually rot away, unless someone steps in to the work Jerry did and a way is found to pay to keep it online.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds