Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Nostalgia & History > Depot Friday+: Seattle U.S. UPHS/MRHA Convention Tour

Date: 07/20/18 13:59
Depot Friday+: Seattle U.S. UPHS/MRHA Convention Tour
Author: terrybaker

Yesterday's bus tour included a visit to Seattle's restored Union Station (UP and MILW trains), always one of my favorites.  However, it's just not the same as when I arrived here 9/3/62, particularly the buildings standing where tracks used to be.  Certainly nice to see the structure well preserved, though.

All images photographed 7/19/2018:

Images 1 -3 Seattle Union Station 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/18 14:11 by terrybaker.

Date: 07/20/18 14:08
Re: Depot Friday+: Seattle U.S. UPHS/MRHA Convention Tour
Author: terrybaker

The "+"

Images 4 & 5 - Two light rail sets passing in front of Seattle Union Station.
Image 6 - Our bus No. 5632.  A friend had to point this out to me... can't be a much more appropriate number for a railroad historical society conveyance.  My first 5632 trip was at the 1963 NRHS Denver convention.  https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,3170974,3170974#msg-3170974

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/18 14:33 by terrybaker.

Date: 07/20/18 17:01
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Thanks so much for the photos of what must be a very fun convention.  And the incredible coincidence of getting Bus #5632!  How cool is that???  Amazing.....

That station is beautiful.  I am very glad it has been preserved.  (Would that all modern railroad stations and depots were that pretty!) 

Date: 07/20/18 22:36
Author: railstiesballast

The Pacific Northwest has many great stations, starting with King St. in Seattle just across the street from Union Station.  Then there are the two in Vancouver BC, Centralia, Kelso, Vancouver WA, Portland, Eugene, Salem, and Albany, plus maybe more I am not aware of.
Sorry I could not make the UP convention but I had already made plans for NP and SP&S this fall and there are limits....

Date: 07/23/18 13:13
Author: 830-east

that s me standing in no.2 image

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0541 seconds